OpenMW-CS: Column filtering
#5 Updated by Marc Zinnschlag about 3 years ago
- Target version changed from openmw-0.33 to openmw-0.34
Our tables have lots of columns. Too many in some cases. We need a way for the user to filter out columns.
This should work like this:
- Add a new settings page (Column Filters).
- Have a list of named column filters (with some useful pre-dfines), each listing the columns they should allow through.
- Add UI elements to add/delete/rename/modify these filters.
- Add a column filter combo box right of the record filter box in the table views (for subviews with very small width we should place the box below the record filter box instead).
- Filter out columns according to this combo box.
- The must be a "No Filter" option that shows all columns.
- The combo box should only list filters that make sense in the context of the respective table.
If we wanna get fancy, we could also add:
- a pop-menu for column headers that allow removal of that column from the specific table.
- add sub-menu (of that pop-up menu) with a list of all columns currently filtered out; this would then add the column back
- in the case of such customised filters, the column filter combo box should show a text like "Custom filter".
Note: We are treating column filters differently from record filters, because column filters are not specific to a content file. All content files have the same columns.