Player in god mode can be affected by some negative spell effects
In vanilla MW player in God Mode is invulnerable for spells which decrease attributes.
In OpenMW player in God Mode is immortal but can be affected by such spells.
How to reproduce:
1. Go to Sadrith Mora and attack guard -- it summons a Greater Bonewalker.
2. Allow the bonewalker to attack you -- it casts a spell which decreases your Strength.
Tested on master, openmw-0.43, openmw-0.42, vanilla MW
Debian 9, no mods
Not sure about other hostile effects (e.g. Blind, Absorb X). Can anyone test them?
Blind and Absorb Strength still affect the player in god mode in OpenMW. Absorb Health, Absorb Fatigue, etc. do not. It seems only damage to health, magicka and fatigue are prevented.
In original Morrowind, when god mode is on, all spells, even beneficial ones, from non-player actors have no effect on the player. The player can still do beneficial spells on himself, or damage himself with spells in any way except for damaging health.
In original Morrowind, magic resistance is still used in god mode, so if you resist magic you'll get the "Magic Resisted" message. But even if you don't resist, the player will be unaffected. If the effect wasn't resisted the effect icon with its full magnitude on mouse-over will appear, though.
#7 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 14 days ago
- Reproducibility changed from Have not tried to Always
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other
Since the god mode is for debugging purpose, not for normal gameplay, we will not have to replicate 100% vanilla behaviour in this case.
What we can do here:
1. Modify the effectTick() function to to be a no-op for all negative effects in the godmode.
2. Modify the CreatureStats::isParalyzed() to take the god mode in account.
Can be hard since CreatureStats does not have the reference to the actor itself.
3. Modify the WindowManager::setBlindness() to take the god mode in account.
I think it will be enough. Any ideas?