Magic effects from eaten ingredients always have 1 sec duration
In addition to potions, your Alchemy, Intelligence and Luck are supposed to influence the strength and duration of effects from eaten ingredients. In OpenMW the duration is fixed to last 1 second no matter how high they are.
#1 Updated by Randy Davin 4 months ago
If it means effect duration and strength from ingredients MUST vary depending on alchemy, intelligence or luck, i think this needs a change. Does Morrowind behave similarly? What is the formula for this?
On the other hand this sounds unclear, because if intelligence is very high, then duration from eating ingredients would be so high, its unreasonable to behave such a way. It would make potions "inferior".
Theres a probability of an easy exploit too. Eat lots of fortify intelligence ingredients, and you get increasingly stronger effects from eating the same ingredients.
#2 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 4 months ago
- Subject changed from Magic effects from eaten ingredients have fixed duration to Magic effects from eaten ingredients always have 1 sec duration
- Category set to Game Mechanics
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Andrei Kortunov
- Target version set to openmw-0.44
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Operating system changed from Windows to Other