Characters get stuck in V-shaped terrain
I got stuck between a rock and a tree in a swamp near Seyda Neen, I couldn't even jump out of there
Stats: Dunmer, Agent, Sign: The Ritual
- Category set to Physics
Currently it's possible to get stuck if you are wedged between two or more slopes that are steeper than 45°. We should probably change the engine to allow jumping in this case. (Normally not allowed so as to prevent an exploit for 'jumping' up a mountain very easily)
#3 Updated by Alexander Nadeau 5 months ago
Some platformers like Jak and Daxter handle this kind of problem by making it so that, if the player stands still without sliding on solid geometry for long enough, the game automatically assumes that they're standing somewhere they can jump. Maybe something like that would be appropriate.
#5 Updated by scrawl . about 2 months ago
- Subject changed from Got stuck in a swamp, tcl needed to get out to Characters get stuck in V-shaped terrain
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Reproducibility changed from Have not tried to Always
- Operating system changed from Windows to Other
- Severity changed from Normal to Major
#6 Updated by scrawl . about 1 month ago
I'm surprised that no one has picked up this issue yet because it seems like a big quality of life improvement that should be easy enough to solve. If we had a label for 'great for a first contribution', this would have it. I'll even link the related code for you.