Lagging when spells are cast, especially noticeable on new landmasses such as Tamriel Rebuilt
As the title suggests, there seems to be some lagging issues when the Player and/or NPCs cast spells in the 0.42 Mac OS X release.
This is especially noticeable when casting magic in Tamriel Rebuilt: upon casting any spell, the game will freeze for several seconds. This was tested with several spell types - it seems to not matter whether the spell is touch/target/self or what school the spell is from.
Prior to using 0.42, this issue was not present (I was using the nightly build of 30. July 2017).
Upon testing on the main island of Vvardenfell, I found that the player could cast spells without issues, however when battling against mage opponents, or atronachs such as Frost and Flame atronachs, the game would stutter slightly each time they cast a spell.
#2 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov about 2 months ago
- Subject changed from [OpenMW 0.42] Lagging when spells are cast, especially noticeable on new landmasses such as Tamriel Rebuilt to Lagging when spells are cast, especially noticeable on new landmasses such as Tamriel Rebuilt
- Category set to Rendering
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to scrawl .
- Target version set to openmw-0.43
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
OpenMW 0.42.0 is actually much older than July 30 nightly build, it's been "finished" in April. This issue has been fixed with revision ac78d01b2b3c93223222b1a4697c726aafed22bf two weeks ago by scrawl.
Stay on the nightly build if you want the bleeding-edge 0.43.0 fixes.