Project

General

Profile

Feature #3979

OpenMW-CS: Allow Multiple Sound Files per Sound Record

Added by Denver Woodcock 4 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Editor
Target version:
Start date:
08/01/2017
% Done:

0%

Severity:
Normal

Description

Allow linking of multiple sound files to a single sound record with ability to assign a certain percent chance to play each designated file.
( I.E. "Sound File 1" has a 60% chance to play, "Sound File 2" has a 30% chance to play, and "Sound File 3" has a 10% chance to play when the sound record is called upon. )

I would also suggest adding a simple optional checkbox to the sound record UI that would prevent the same sound from playing twice in a row. This option would help to prevent the player from picking up on overly apparent repetitious sound effects. ( Very important when it comes to certain types of sounds. )

This would help to minimize the need for scripting in mods that aim to add more varied and randomized sound effects to the game. ( I.E. Armor hits, weapon swishes, footsteps, etc. )

History

#1 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 4 months ago

  • Category set to Editor
  • Target version set to openmw-future

Also available in: Atom PDF