UI sounds are distorted underwater
The sound for leveling up is distorted when you do so under water. This seems really odd to me because it's a user interface sound, rather than a representation of sound in the game world.
I've attached a save game where the player is by the coast. Walk into the water and let some slaughterfish start attacking you. In a few moments, your Unarmored skill will start leveling up.
Not only leveling sound, but journal, inventory, etc. sounds are affected.
In vanilla Morrowind GUI sounds are not distorted.
For GUI sounds we use playSound() function from soundmanagerimp.cpp. We should use Play_NoEnv mode here.
- Subject changed from Level up sound is distorted underwater to UI sounds are distorted underwater
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Operating system changed from MacOS to Other
Also sounds played via "playsound" console command are not distorted in vanilla Morrowind too.
We can change default mode for playSound() from Play_Normal to Play_NoEnv or define a separate function for GUI sounds (in WindowManager, for example). Which option would be better?
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Target version set to openmw-0.43
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- Assignee set to Andrei Kortunov
Also available in: Atom