Allow starting at an unnamed exterior cell with --start
Right now, it is not possible to start at an exterior cell with the --start game setting. If you try, you will get an error like this:
Failed to start new game: Interior cell '-8, -3' not found.
It would be great if it were possible to do this.
You can do, but only for named exterior cells like 'balmora' or 'seyda neen' for example. Is it worth it to add another option for coordinates? What is your use-case for using --start ?
My use case is that I was testing some changes around the Shrine of Boethiah at -8, -4, which is not a named exterior cell. I could also see this being useful for testing things like Umbra at -7, -7.
I took a shot at implementing this (PR #1376).
- Subject changed from Allow starting at an exterior cell with --start to Allow starting at an unnamed exterior cell with --start
- Category set to General
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to openmw-0.43
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom