Project

General

Profile

Task #3858

before_script.msvc.sh uses an unstable version of MyGUI

Added by Plutonic Overkill 7 months ago. Updated 26 days ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Packaging
Target version:
Start date:
05/03/2017
% Done:

100%

Severity:
Major

Description

Using OpenMW version: master branch

Steps to reproduce:
Open options menu and go to a Video options submenu (e.g. Detail)
Click any dropdown menu (e.g. Texture filtering) and select an option
Quickly (while the dropdown is still open) switch to another GUI tab (e.g. Water)
Result: game crashes with error:
Error in framelistener: MyGUI EXCEPTION : Trying to add same delegate twice.
in MyGUI at b:\programming\libraries\mygui\source\myguiengine\include\MyGUI_DelegateImplement.h (line 255)
Error in framelistener: MyGUI EXCEPTION : Trying to add same delegate twice.
in MyGUI at b:\programming\libraries\mygui\source\myguiengine\include\MyGUI_DelegateImplement.h (line 255)

(The number of errors seems to depend on the number of items in the dropdown menu.)

History

#1 Updated by Plutonic Overkill 7 months ago

  • Category set to MyGUI

#2 Updated by Miroslav Remák 7 months ago

What version of MyGUI are you using?

I think this has already been fixed: https://github.com/MyGUI/mygui/issues/121

#4 Updated by Miroslav Remák 7 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected

You're not using a stable release then. Either upgrade to the latest MyGUI master or downgrade to 3.2.2.

#5 Updated by R. D. 7 months ago

I also have a crash with that menu, and I'm using the same version of MyGUI, because it's downloaded by the before_script.msvc.sh script.

Since that script is part of the OpenMW git repository, I think we should keep this open until it's changed to download a version without the problem.

#6 Updated by R. D. 7 months ago

I should perhaps also mention that the before_script.msvc.sh script, although it's in the CI (continuous integration) folder, is also advertised here https://gist.github.com/ace13/de7f30454e99b3952405, and has been suggested on the forum, as a way to set up the Windows development environment. It's quite useful for that, so I think it should have a version that runs in the game without problems, not just one that passes the AppVeyor build.

#7 Updated by Miroslav Remák 7 months ago

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Task
  • Subject changed from Crash if GUI tab is changed while dropdown menu is open to before_script.msvc.sh uses an unstable version of MyGUI

#8 Updated by Miroslav Remák 7 months ago

  • Tracker changed from Task to Bug
  • Status changed from Rejected to New
  • Reproducibility set to Have not tried
  • Operating system set to Linux

And now the Rejected status is fixed, great. Let me try something...

#9 Updated by Miroslav Remák 7 months ago

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Task

#10 Updated by scrawl . 3 months ago

  • Category changed from MyGUI to Packaging
  • Assignee set to Alexander Olofsson

#11 Updated by Alexander Olofsson 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

Pushed a series of new MyGUI builds, hopefully that will resolve this issue.

Going to run a couple of builds myself to verify it when I have time tomorrow.

#12 Updated by Matt Larrabee 3 months ago

I ran the script with the new builds Alexander pushed, recompiled, and it fixed the crash listed in description (and another crash I noticed where I used the change character tab in the load menu).

But, now my message boxes look like this: https://imgur.com/a/b2YGB

Notice it is half cut off, running the pre-built .42 does not cause this. Alexander please let me know if you get the same issues.

#13 Updated by Alexander Olofsson 3 months ago

I did get that exact same issue, now that I've had enough time to run a series of builds and test myself.

Guess another update for the builds is in order, though this time down to 3.2.2

#14 Updated by scrawl . 2 months ago

But, now my message boxes look like this

There's been a change in MyGUI that broke some of OpenMW's skins. Should be fixed with OpenMW fe6f9ffff439e685ce0dea794543a2ac4ea348c1 .. aaa727757d63c2c626355d0491adedb1c2a8f8cc

In any case, I'd still recommend to use the stable version of MyGUI for the CI script / release builds (as the issue title also suggests).

Guess another update for the builds is in order, though this time down to 3.2.2

Is it done? Can we close this issue?

#15 Updated by Matt Larrabee about 2 months ago

I just cloned the latest master, ran the scripts, compiled, and mygui seems to be working perfect. MessageBox looks good and I can use the character swap drop down just fine. I really appreciate this fix and I am sure other windows users will too!

#16 Updated by Alexander Olofsson about 2 months ago

Still running with the 3.2.3 git version of MyGUI though, ended up with a high priority ticket at work that's been taking all my time, so haven't been able to sit down and actually build up 3.2.2 packages.

#17 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 26 days ago

  • Target version set to openmw-0.43
  • Severity changed from Normal to Major

#18 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 26 days ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

The same second. Um, okay.

#19 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 26 days ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF