Slight enchant miscalculation
The same enchantment gets a slightly higher total enchantment in openmw compared to vanilla:
- Ebony staff
- Golden saint
- On strike
- Weakness 100% 1s touch
- Absorb fatigue 53 1s touch
- Absorb health 100 1s touch
This gets total 90 enchant in vanialla, but you need fatigue at 51 to stay at 90 in openmw
See the accompanying screenshots.
Confirmed. Some observations here:
1. It seems only multi-effect enchantments are affected.
2. In OpenMW minimal total enchant is 1 pt., in vanilla game is 1 pt. per effect.
In openmw, enchant point cost depends on order of enchantments. This could be a general "enchanting calculations are wrong" bug.
Alexander Nadeau wrote:
In openmw, enchant point cost depends on order of enchantments.
Same in vanilla Morrowind, IIRC.
- Subject changed from Slight enchant miscalculation. Rounding error? to Slight enchant miscalculation
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to openmw-0.43
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- Assignee set to Andrei Kortunov
Also available in: Atom