Default sound buffer size is too small for mods
I’ve been playing with Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul for some weeks when recently my game started with huge framerate script-related spikes. Found that the culprit is MAO_3d.esm.
OpenMW-CS doesn’t report any script issues.
Attached: save in a location with high lag, openmw.log, settings.cfg and a pic showing the problem.
Linux Mint 18.1 64-bit
#2 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 10 months ago
A lot of "No unused sound buffers to free" indicates that your sound cache buffer size is not sufficient for MAO.
Can you retest with something like:
[Sound] buffer cache min = 64 buffer cache max = 64
(or higher, if "No unused sound buffers to free" message is still persists) in your settings.cfg?
Also I managed to reproduce this bug in clean OpenMW - just set "buffer cache max = 1".
In this case the game is overwriting the buffer content constantly, what leads to heavy lags.
#9 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 5 months ago
- Subject changed from Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul – modular plugin does great lag. to Default sound buffer size is too small for mods
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Chris Robinson
- Target version set to openmw-0.43
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other