Smoke particle effects are more opaque than in vanilla Morrowind
The smoke-like particles emanating from furn_6th_ashstatue are noticeably more opaque than seen in the vanilla Morrowind, where the effect is more subtle. There may be other examples where a particle effect is too strong, but I'm not yet aware of them.
coc "Ilunibi, Soul's Rattle" and setpos x 4165.44, y 3759.45, z 12170.75 for an example of the effect; I have also provided screens.
I think this is true for all smoke effects in the game, or at least it is also true for the smoke that you can see coming from chimneys.
- Target version changed from openmw-0.42 to openmw-0.43
emanating from furn_6th_ashstatue
This emanating is actually from steam_bluegreen activator.
I can confirm this issue on Linux with current master.
It seems Morrowind engine and OSG handle blend functions from NiAlphaProperty flags differently.
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Operating system changed from Windows to Other
- Subject changed from Ash statue particle effect is too strong to Smoke particle effects are more opaque than in vanilla Morrowind
- Target version changed from openmw-0.43 to openmw-1.0
- Category set to Rendering
Also available in: Atom