Myar Aranath total conversion can't be started due to capital-case extension of the master file
System: Windows 10. GoG version of Morrowind, english.
Expected behaviour: After adding a Morrowind installation with a total conversion to the launcher, I can select its data files and play the total conversion.
Actual behaviour: After adding a Morrowind installation with a total conversion to the launcher, selecting the data files and trying to start the game gives the error: "No game file selected: You don't have a game file selected. OpenMW will not start without a game file selected."
After installing OpenMW 0.40, I tried running the total conversion "Myar Aranath" 1). I selected the "ma_script_base.ESM" as master file and all other ESM/ESP files 2) for this modification in the OpenMW launcher. After this, I pressed the play button but only got the error message "No game file selected: You don't have a game file selected. OpenMW will not start without a game file selected."
I tried running the Installation Wizard and importing Morrowind settings several times. I deleted the OpenMW folder and tried running the Installation Wizard again. But I had no success in doing so.
OpenMW 0.39 shows the same behaviour as OpenMW 0.40: Same error message.
It works in OpenMW0.38.
2) MA_RoK_1.00.ESM, , MA_Patch_1.00to1.31.esp, MA_Patch_1.31to1.32.esp, MA_Fehlerkorrektur.esp
#1 Updated by Flynn Moneaux over 1 year ago
I managed to start Myar Aranath on OpenMW 0.40.The solution/workaround:
- In the Morrowind launcher, add (at least) the Morrowind.ESM.
- In the OpenMW launcher, run the Settings Importer
- In the data files tab in the OpenMW launcher, there is now the ma_script_base.ESM selected. All other ESP files are visible, too.
- Select the files needed for Myar Aranath.
- Click play.
If you change the master file to Morrowind.ESM and back, it will show the error message "No game file selected: You don't have a game file selected. OpenMW will not start without a game file selected."
This behaviour is in OpenMW 0.38 and 0.40.
#2 Updated by Flynn Moneaux over 1 year ago
And now I tried with the german Morrowind for a more consistent feeling as the mod is german, and I can't manage to get past the error "No game file selected" this time.
Choosing the Morrowind.esm in the Morrowind launcher and using this as profile only starts Morrowind, not Myar Aranath.
#5 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 25 days ago
- Subject changed from Total conversion with own ESM can't be started since OpenMW 0.39, Error "No game file selected" to Myar Aranath total conversion can't be started due to capital-case extension of the master file
- Status changed from Feedback needed to Resolved
- Assignee set to Alexei Dobrohotov
- Target version set to openmw-0.44
- Operating system changed from Windows to Other
What Miroslav suggested works. Looking at the code, it seems this happens because hasMaster() is not case-insensitive (Qt contains() function used there for deducting if the file is a game file is case-sensitive by default), unlike isGameFile() function.