SetPos should not skip weather transitions
Take a scenic trip with the Silt Strider from Ald-Ruhn to Gnisis (you can increase the velocity in the options). Soon after Bal Isra the course pass through West Gash region and the Ashlands many times and the weather change immediately, from fogged to sand storms and back.
The same behavior can be observed with the Boats Mod with Tamriel Rebuilt. Take a trip from Sadrith Mora to Dagon Fel. The fast change between Azura Coast and TR regions create situations where in a moment is raining, after is fogged and raining again, in a couple of seconds, without transitions.
Linux Mint 18 64 bits
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42267 (Silt Striders)
- Category set to Game Mechanics
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
Strange, but weather transitions work fine, if you unmount in that places and walk on foot.
The culprit is here. These mods repeatedly teleports player, so there are no weather transitions in OpenMW.
As a possible solution we can check if the source cell and destination cells are neighbouring, here, for example.
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other
A small addition: in my testing, SetPos in vanilla engine does not skip weather transitions at all.
- Subject changed from Abot Silt Striders and Boats – Weather suddenly change (No Transitions) to SetPos should not skip weather transitions
- Category changed from Game Mechanics to Scripting
- Assignee set to Andrei Kortunov
- Target version set to openmw-0.44
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Reproducibility changed from Sometimes to Always
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom