OpenMW-CS: Modifying an object in the cell view should trigger the instances table to scroll to the corresponding record
prerequisite: the instances table is open
#3 Updated by cc 9cii almost 3 years ago
Just for the record, the instance table does get updated, but not the cell. I guess it is a philosophical question. Technically the object instance co-ordinates change, not the cell itself. But it may be confusing to the end-user. That question is worth posing on the forum, especially @Zini.
#4 Updated by Who Knows almost 3 years ago
Sorry, I probably didn't explain properly. :-\
When you are in the cell view you can move an instance (tree, plant...) by using the right mouse button. It would be nice if the entry of that instance would come into view in the instances table. It would be even better if this worked with just clicking on the object in the cell view (w/o moving it).
1. open cell table and instances table
2. in the cell table right click on an entry and select "view"
3. now move an object ("instance") in the cell view "window" by dragging it with the right mouse button
4. ---> what I'm asking for: the table displays now the row of that instance
As it is now you have no clue what instance (OID) you just moved...
Why I need that:
I want to edit the position of an object ("instance"), lets say a rock. I don't know it's ID but where it is, so I open the cell view and navigate there (WASD). In the cell view you can only move an object in height and the x-axis. It would be nice if I now could change other parameters or adjust the instance precisely by changing values in the instances table.
#5 Updated by cc 9cii almost 3 years ago
- Subject changed from Editor: touching an object in the cell view should mark its entry in the instances table to Editor: Modifying an object in the cell view should trigger the instances table to scroll to the corresponding record
- Status changed from Rejected to Confirmed
Not sure if this is feasible...
#10 Updated by Who Knows almost 3 years ago
cc 9cii wrote:
Don't understand... Did you want the cell table jump to the object instance's cell?
No. Please, maybe this is a better description:
1. open the instances subview, for this example lets assume entries having the IDs A40 to A50 are visible now
2. open the cell subview
3. select an exterior cell in the cell subview and open the pictorial "view" of that cell (view - not like "table" in OpenMW, but like picture with forms and colors)
4. now use the right mouse to move a rock in that pictorial view
What I'd like to have is, that - as soon as I moved the rock - the instance table shows the entry of that instance (rock, placed in the MW game world). So this feature would show me the row in the instances table for the rock that I just moved. The ID in the instances table may be C120, so the instances tables wouldn't show A40-A50 anymore but C120-C130.
Sorry, I am no native english speaker. I hope this helped. :\
What I asked for in my preceeding comment was to have a way to get the instance row as described above with the difference that just "marking"/"touching" the rock would be enough to make the row of that rock appear in the instances table.
#13 Updated by Jeffrey Haines about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Editor: Modifying an object in the cell view should trigger the instances table to scroll to the corresponding record to OpenMW-CS: Modifying an object in the cell view should trigger the instances table to scroll to the corresponding record
- Target version set to openmw-cs-1.0
Unify all editor ticket subjects to start with "OpenMW-CS:"