Magic related visual effects are not rendered when loading a saved game
For example, if the player casts the shield spell, they are surrounded by a translucent purple bubble. If the game is saved and then loaded while the spell is still in effect, the bubble is not rendered even though the actual damage reducing effect is still there.
- Related to Feature #1225: Saved Game: Include scene-only data added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Reproducibility changed from Have not tried to Always
We are already apply visual effects when casting spells.
So when we restore magic effects from a savegame, we can also apply visual effects.
- Category set to Save/Load
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other
- Duplicated by Bug #4278: Some active spells no longer visible on save reload added
- Status changed from Confirmed to Resolved
- Assignee set to Andrei Kortunov
- Target version set to openmw-0.44
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Category changed from Save/Load to Rendering
- Subject changed from Magic related visual effects not rendered when loading a saved game to Magic related visual effects are not rendered when loading a saved game
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Also available in: Atom