Spiral towers with people in them are impassable
The way our movement works we cant pass people in the narrow towers. checked on vanilla can walk past them most of time
Seems to me the other bug is about slopes and this one about collision with NPCs, so I don't think it's a duplicate.
Collisions have changed with recent code updates, but I find I can still get by an NPC in the spiral staircase in the original engine when I can't get by in OpenMW.
#9 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 4 months ago
Just tested an original game. It seems player in Morrowind does not have a collision box and can move inside another actors collision boxes. A collision based by mesh dimensions, maybe?
#10 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 4 months ago
Sorry for being unprecise. Morrowind does not show a player collison box if "tcb" was activated from 1st-person view.
But actors (or player at least) still can walk in another actors collision boxes, see the screenshot.
#11 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 2 months ago
- Subject changed from Spiral towers with people in them are unpassable. to Spiral towers with people in them are impassable
- Target version set to openmw-1.0
- Reproducibility changed from Have not tried to Always
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other
#12 Updated by Andrei Kortunov about 2 months ago
Additional testing results:
1) It seems Morrowind uses a mesh dimesions for an "actor-actor" collisions in interiors, but uses collision boxes in exteriors
2) A player does not collide with small creatures (such as rats and scribs) in both exteriors and interiors.
Looks like Bethesda's programmers used a couple of hacks to workaround some collision issues.
Should we replicate this behaviour?