Actors colliding behaviour is different from vanilla
The way our movement works we cant pass people in the narrow towers. checked on vanilla can walk past them most of time
#5 Updated by R. D. about 1 year ago
Seems to me the other bug is about slopes and this one about collision with NPCs, so I don't think it's a duplicate.
Collisions have changed with recent code updates, but I find I can still get by an NPC in the spiral staircase in the original engine when I can't get by in OpenMW.
#9 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 9 months ago
Just tested an original game. It seems player in Morrowind does not have a collision box and can move inside another actors collision boxes. A collision based by mesh dimensions, maybe?
#10 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 9 months ago
Sorry for being unprecise. Morrowind does not show a player collison box if "tcb" was activated from 1st-person view.
But actors (or player at least) still can walk in another actors collision boxes, see the screenshot.
#11 Updated by Alexei Dobrohotov 7 months ago
- Subject changed from Spiral towers with people in them are unpassable. to Spiral towers with people in them are impassable
- Target version set to openmw-1.0
- Reproducibility changed from Have not tried to Always
- Operating system changed from Linux to Other
#12 Updated by Andrei Kortunov 7 months ago
Additional testing results:
1) It seems Morrowind uses a mesh dimesions for an "actor-actor" collisions in interiors, but uses collision boxes in exteriors
2) A player does not collide with small creatures (such as rats and scribs) in both exteriors and interiors.
Looks like Bethesda's programmers used a couple of hacks to workaround some collision issues.
Should we replicate this behaviour?