Disallow Paralyzed NPCs to Talk With Open Mouths
Paralyze an NPC one or more times as necessary until they taunt you. The script is read and displayed, but the NPC's mouth remains shut.
Not sure what the expected behaviour would be. Should paralyzed NPCs be able to move their mouths? Or should they not be able to talk whatsoever (thus interrupting anything they previously said)?
I've wondered about this in the past too, and I would think the NPC's mouth would be paralyzed along with the rest of their body. If an NPC dies while saying something they continue to speak as well.
- Target version changed from openmw-0.32 to openmw-0.33
Both of these issues are present in vanilla Morrowind.
- Target version changed from openmw-0.33 to openmw-future
Moving to future instead of 0.34.0, because this issue is also present in vanilla MW and therefore does not need fixing in 1.0.
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Subject changed from Paralyzed NPCs Talk With Closed Mouths to Allow Paralyzed NPCs to Talk With Open Mouths
Reclassifying as a feature, since this is how vanilla Morrowind works.
- Subject changed from Allow Paralyzed NPCs to Talk With Open Mouths to Disallow Paralyzed NPCs to Talk With Open Mouths
Isn't there a quest in Morrowind with a paralyzed barbarian who can still talk to you? Realism aside, I think that's how it was supposed to be. Maybe the paralyze spells only work up to the neck. :)
Also available in: Atom