Unlocked evidence chests should get locked after new evidence is put into them
In OpenMW unlocked evidence chests stay unlocked after a guard takes stolen goods from you and the items get placed in the chest. In Vanilla Morrowind the chest gets locked again.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start a new game, go through the instructions until you reach the first room of the Census and Excise Office
2. Unlock the evidence chest
3. Steal something, talk to the guard (cheat yourself some money first so you have the option to pay instead of going to jail)
4. The evidence chest is still unlocked
#2 Updated by Jannik Heller about 3 years ago
- Target version set to openmw-future
There is actually a more serious issue here: We can not simply "lock" it again, as unlocking currently discards the lock level information. We'd have to use an arbitrary lock level.
Vanilla seems to store lock level and unlocked state separately. And after you unlock something, it also says "Lock: Unlocked" in the tooltip, whereas OpenMW has no way of knowing that there was a lock at some point.